Cookies are small text files that a website, when visited, places in the user’s computer or their mobile device, through the browser. The placement of cookies will help the website recognise that device on a future visit. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all the files that collect information this way. The cookies used do not collect information that may identify or contact you, such as your name, email address, personal or work addresses or phone number. Cookies collect generic information, namely the way users arrive to the website and use the website or the country area through which they access the website, etc. Cookies only retain information that is related to your preferences. At any moment, the user may, through your browser, decide to be notified about the reception of cookies, as well as block the respective entrance in your system.
- Get to know the visitors and consequently improve their browsing experience.
- Customise the information on the websites they visit.
- Segment our offer and make campaigns available according to the interests of each of our visitors.
Back to top
Data from the device
The data from the device our websites collect include:
- Technical information, your Internet domain name (it could be your Internet service provider, i.e., NOS, MEO, Vodafone, or your place of work) and the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, the type, and version of the browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox) and your type of device, time zone settings, browser plugin types and versions, operative system (e.g., Windows 10 or macOS) and platform.
- Information about your visit, including click stream data for the Internet address (URL) for, through and from our websites (including date and time); products you have seen or searched; page response time; download errors; duration of the visits to certain pages, how many and which pages you visited during a sessions in our website and how long were you on the website, besides information about your interaction with the page (e.g., sliding down the screen, clicks and mouse hovers).
- We may receive information about you if you use any other sites operated by us or services we provide. We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, outsourced in technical services, payment and distribution, support services providers for authentication and fraud, advertising networks, analysis providers, information providers about searches and credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from these third parties.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Operating Cookies: These enable us to remember user preferences regarding browsing our website. Thus, you do not need to reconfigure and customise the website every time you visit. This type of cookies does not collect information that may be used for marketing purposes.
- Cookies related to the use of social media: These cookies are related to the services provided by third parties, such as the “Like” or “Share” buttons. These are used to provide sharing services with the different social media. We recommend you see the privacy protection policies for these social media to get to know the browsing information they may collect through these app buttons and its purposes. We analyse and collect data that are made available by our users in our social media according to the forms we make available during the communication campaigns made available by each of the platforms. These data are processed according to the regulations of each platform and with the previous consent by the user.
Back to top
Manage Cookies - Disable, enable, and delete cookies
You may opt between accepting and refusing cookies when changing the settings in our browser. However, you may not use all the interactive features of the website if cookies have been disabled. To know if cookies are enabled, please follow the instructions below.
How to configure and customise your cookie settings for the browser you are using
How to manage cookies on Internet Explorer
In most versions of Internet Explorer, you may access cookie settings by clicking on Tools, followed by the Privacy tab.
How to manage cookies on Microsoft Edge:
On Microsoft Edge, you may access cookie settings by clicking in the option “More” followed by the Settings icon.
How to manage cookies on Firefox
On Firefox, cookie settings are managed in the Privacy panel, on the Options window. See the Options window - Privacy panel for more information about these settings.
How to manage cookies on Chrome
Click on the key icon on the toolbar, select Settings, click under the top tab and then, click on the content settings in the Privacy section.
How to manage cookies on Opera
On Opera, click on Settings, Preferences, Advanced and then, Cookies, to manage cookies.
How to manage cookies on Safari
Select Safari, followed by Preferences, and then, click on Security. You may then specify if and when Safari shall accept cookies.
To manage cookies on your phone
See the instruction manual or guide.
You may easily delete any cookies installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open "Windows Explorer"
- Click the "Search" button in the toolbar
- Write "cookie" in the search bar for "Folders and files"
- Select "My Computer" in the "Search in" box
- Click "Search now"
- Double click the folders you find
- Select all the cookie files
- Click "Delete" on the keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, you should select "Cookies" in the "Help" function to obtain information about where to find the cookie folder.
You may obtain more general information about cookies through this page: http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/.
Back to top